While we continue to normalise Covid-19 in our daily interactions with staff, visitors and our vulnerable residents we still need to remain vigilant in all we do to minimize these risks. As such, Rosewood continues to work towards reducing the risk of outside transmission and continue to have special practices in place.
The following offers a guide, based on the past experiences, to help plan a visit and ensure the safety of all those working, living and visiting in either Rosewood West Perth or Leederville.
Please note that in the case of positive outbreaks, the below arrangements are subject to change, and separate communications / advice will be provided.
Covid-19 Safe visiting arrangements
Please plan your visit a little ahead of time to accommodate the following, and always follow any directions from staff:
- A maximum number of visitors apply – 4 per day per resident (maximum of two at any one time for up to two hours each visit) during our visiting hours, for the purpose of a care and support visit to any single resident;
- Please practice social distancing, good hand hygiene and wear a face mask which will either be a surgical mask or when there are active Covid-19 cases N95 masks for the duration of your visit and changed after 4 hours of use. These are available at reception.;
- Visit only in your resident’s room or open outdoor areas and not in shared internal communal areas
- Visitors are encouraged to make use of resident call bells to speak to staff, rather than moving around the facility to find them;
- Visitors who have a positive RAT / PCR test must stay away for 7 days and visit only on day 8 if asymptomatic. Whilst no longer mandatory to report positive results, we encourage you to continue this practice, and;
- Visitors who are considered a close contact or are caring for someone with Covid-19 should not visit the facility for 7 days and only consider visiting from day 8 if asymptomatic.
Sign in process
Please factor in some time to ensure you can follow the steps for a safe sign in, all visitors are required to:
- Sign in using the register.
- Provide proof of COVID-19 (at least two doses) for all visitors over the age of 18 years old and and if obtained a 2023 Influenza (Flu) vaccinations;
- Show evidence of negative RAT test (test kits are available from facility receptions)
- Have a temperature reading of below 37.5 degrees, and
- Not present with any cold like symptoms e.g. cough, sore throat, fever, runny nose, loss of taste or smell, or gastrointestinal (vomiting and /diarrhea).
Bringing children to visit
We know residents enjoy visits from children, however a responsible guardian needs to ensure older children are assisted to adhere to visiting guidelines.
Children aged 5 years and older
Please note children are included in the maximum visitor numbers per day, per resident.
Children 5 years and older may visit the facility if they:
- It is recommended for a child over 5 years they are vaccinated against Covid-19 vaccinations, but this is a not mandatory requirement.
- It is recommended for a child over 5 years to be vaccinated against Influenza (Flu) but it is not a mandatory requirement.
- To wear a mask for the duration of the visit if tolerated.
- Provide a negative RAT test under the direct supervision of a Rosewood staff member, and be able to follow the guidelines for all visitors as listed above, and
- A responsible parent accompanies the child and enters the child’s details on a register / declaration form.
Looking after each other
A reminder that the wider Rosewood team is working hard to look after residents and each other. The team is required to adhere to a range of Covid-19 safe practices, including but not limited to, RAT testing for each shift, donning and doffing a variety of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and undergo ongoing infection control training.
Please be patient when interacting with staff and each other, take staff advice, and let’s work together and play our part to keep everyone safe and healthy.
Getting in touch with the facilities
If you have any questions regarding visiting the facilities, please reach out to one of the operations managers.
Rosewood West Perth | Vanda Liga | email@example.com
Rosewood Leederville | John Bogoevski | firstname.lastname@example.org